How to stay safe in the world today
as seen on www.cross-currents.com, author unknown
Rabbi Krupnik suggested this gem, as seen on the website above (original article and comments can be found here)
- Avoid riding in automobiles because they are responsible for 20 percent of all fatal accidents.
- Do not stay at home because 17 percent of all accidents occur in the home.
- Avoid walking on streets or sidewalks because 14 percent of all accidents occur to pedestrians.
- Avoid traveling by air, rail, or water because 16 percent of all accidents involve these forms of transportation.
- Of the remaining 33 percent, 32 percent of all deaths occur in hospitals. Above all else avoid hospitals.
You will be pleased to learn that only 0.001 percent of all deaths occur during worship services in a synagogue, and these are usually related to previous physical disorders.
Therefore logic tells us that the safest place for you to be at any given point in time is in Shabbat or holiday services. Torah Study is even safer. The number of deaths during Torah Study is too small to register.
For safety's sake, go to Shabbat services, and attend Torah Study. It could save your life.